A new batch of Oakland housing received a green light as its developer looks to join the construction party underway at the city’s newest waterfront neighborhood.
Brokers, Developers, and
Vendors working together
A nonprofit collective of advocates for positive development growth in Oakland, CA
- Regular meetings with the City’s Building and Planning Department “working group” to advocate for policies and code interpretations that benefit developers and builders and help make government more efficient.
- Frequent meetings with City management one-on-one regarding specific issues and concerns raised by members.
- Newsletter reporting advocacy activity.
- Each election season the OBA interviews and endorses candidates.
- The board is considering a similar endorsement process for legislative items, and ballot measures related to building and development.
- Members present information and comment at City Council and Planning Commission meetings on items related to building and development.
- Report on political action taken by OBA in our newsletter.
- Applicants for City entitlements present projects to our Board seeking a letter of support and a posting of their project’s details on the OBA website with an OBA endorsement.
- Report on projects reviewed in our newsletter.
- Regular mixers at Oakland bars, restaurants, & other establishments with sponsorship opportunities
- Holiday party
- Gala Fundraiser
- Leaders and public figures relevant to local building, development and politics invited.
- Events calendar in our newsletter