OAKLAND BUILDERS ALLIANCE (OBA) was formed as a non-profit corporation in 2007. The organization is composed of people in the development business arena with projects in every type of development sector. OBA membership is keenly aware that new development drives demand for jobs and new businesses essential to economic growth of the City and its constituents.
Members include architects, engineers, contractors, developers, brokers and vendors – all doing business in Oakland over many decades. The experience of the membership is key to understanding how the Oakland development processes work and how they can be improved.
Ongoing goals of OBA
- Interact with City departments to improve entitlement and permitting processes.
- Advise City departments on adoption of new code amendments
- Collaborate with City officials to share private sector workings.
- Support new projects with logical and sound OBA opinion.
- OBA membership interaction (networking) to promote new business.
- Analyze and disclose pros and cons of political candidates.
- Continuing education of membership to stay current on development issues from a regulatory perspective.